Thursday, January 22, 2009

Search Marking Has Been Good

It's been nearly a year since my last post. Why? Because business has been good and income has been high. In other words, I've been busy. Even now, while everyone else is slowing down I'm adding more clients and could be working 12-7 (12 hours a day, seven days a week) at $100/hour if I chose to do so. Two things have been happening...

In these slow times people are recognizing the power of the internet to increase sales, and even grow their businesses.

Businesses have been getting web sites online, and upgrading existing web sites--creating some beautiful web sites... that don't perform. There's a lot of web activity, but the results are not so good.

Why?

Because there are a lot of people who know graphics and how to put a web site together, but they don't know marketing. A beautiful web site that no one sees is a waste of money. A web site that tens of thousands see, but which does not convert visitors, is a waste of money.

It's not about having a good looking web site. It's about having a web site that brings in the sales!

So why am I writing a post? I'll be very blunt... because it's an easy way to get a link for my clients. I had forgotten about this blog. But as I was thinking about links last night it occurred to me that I was wasting an easy way to provide a link... my own blog. So, whenever I feel like it I'll make a post about one of my clients. I'll try to post about each web site early in the marketing process. In most cases business come to me with web sites that have been designed by others and they want me to save their web site. So you'll be able see each web site change as I work with it to change it from something that just occupies space on a hosting server, to a web site that builds a business.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:14:00 PM , Anonymous Pam said...

Hi Steve,
Thanks for posting this. I'm glad to hear that your business has been good. It gives the rest of us more hope in a down economy.

I'm taking an intensive Master's Certification program in Internet Marketing and am doing one of my excercises about your blog site. I like the style. Relaxed and not stuffy. Real. I feel like I can kick my shoes off here and put my feet up.

When I get my own blog going at some point, I'll send you a note to post my link on your site if that's ok. Not a spammer I promise, but a genuinely interested visitor in hearing your Internet Marketing tips and tricks. And I agree that short posts rock.

In the meantime, I'm glad to see that you're blogging again. Keep up the good work and honest posts!

Pam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home