Thursday, January 27, 2005

Getting Results From Your Internet Marketing

Welcome to the Internet Results Blog.

I've been involved with internet marketing since 1995. I'm an expert in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC/PFI advertising, and optimizing web sites to achieve marketing goals. I'll be discussing all of these subjects here. In addition, I'll be talking about how to convert the traffic generated by search engines, internet advertising and free publicity on the internet into leads or sales.

By of way an introduction I'll start this blog with a brief summary of who I am and my approach to internet marketing.

By education I'm an engineer (BS Electrical Engineering)

A significant part of my experience (10 years) is in sales of capital goods for Combustion Engineering, Inc.

I've been working in marketing for 14 years. I have an MBA and I've written two books about software marketing for Windcrest/McGraw-Hill.

I've given my heart to Jesus. (Graduate of Multnomah Biblical Seminary)

Internet marketing is a fast moving, complex field. If you don't have the time to keep up, you'll soon be left behind. But underlying the rapid change are the fundamentals of direct marketing, which have not changed. Whether I'm working on a web page or an advertising campaign, I ask the fundamental questions:

Where on the web will I be working? A web site, Adwords, a blog, etc.

Who is the target audience (market)?

What is the objective? What do I want the target audience to do? What is the offer?

How will this objective been achieved? What marketing techniques will be used? What resources will be needed?

Why are we doing this? What are we going to get? What is the measurable goal (usually the ROI)?

Answer these fundamental questions and you'll be off to a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home